January 21, 2012

Jamal Gay To Revs?

Trinidad and Tobagon news site Newsday is reporting that striker Jamal Gay may be on his way to the New England Revolution. Gay, a 21 year old from Trinidad & Tobago started his career with a club that many fans unfortunately are familiar with Joe Public.  He had a short stint at Rot-Wiess Oberhausn as well as a loan at Turkish second division side Dardanel Spor A.Ş. and most recently was with Trinidad and Tobagon side Caledonia AIA. His senior career has 24 appearances and 16 goals,his U-20 national career has 5 goals in 11 appearances and his senior national career has 3 goals in 8 appearances.



Newsday reports the deal to be a $60,000 1 year deal with an option. According to Gay "The MLS is a good league and we are seeing more and more international players going to play there. I think I will do well there but my interest is to use the experience as a stepping stone to play in Europe. My agent has been on the look-out for clubs for me and I think it seems to be looking positive"

1 comment:

  1. I assume/hope this is not as a DP. The stats look decent, but stats lie.

    ReplyDelete