February 2, 2012

Is Moreno The One?

You know... the big signing we've all been waiting for... the impact player, the Twellman replacement...

Probably not.



I only say probably because well you know... I at least gotta give the guy a chance.  The Revolution are spinning this up as a big move, one that we should all be happy about and impressed with... but well we're not and neither should you.  n case you missed it the Revolution have signed another Colombian, Jose Moreno, a 30 year old striker. Since we are late to the news party on this one we won't go to in depth on the details but there are some things you should know.  His strike rate is not impressive, and well he's a bit of a journeyman having played for 12 different clubs over his career and has been loaned out to six different clubs since 2008.

He had a decent season scoring 7 goals in 20 appearances for Colombian side Once Caldas.  I don't mean to get so down on the guy, but it is hard to be excited about this player when we see teams like DC and Portland adding DP strikers who are coming from teams and leagues where they are among the best in their position and are regular national team players for their respective countries.

I mean seriously Portland signed the all time leading goal scorer from the Scottish Premier League.  Sure Kris Boyd played for Rangers, but despite that ill career choice I would love to have him here.  This rant isn't so much against Moreno, I wish the best and hope the best for him, but it is against our 'new and improved' FO.  You guys said things would be different... they're not.  Heaps said no one would outsmart or outwork us... too late buddy... they already are...

There is still time, money and roster space left for the Revs to make a big splash... I just don't have any faith in them.

3 comments:

  1. I bet he scores a dozen this season. Just how it works. Watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slowly and surely nothing is changing. Feels like they are just finalizing leads they have been working on for the last year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he does score a dozen this season, I enjoy putting my foot in my mouth when warranted.

    He may be a great player for us but there are a lot of red flags on a team that already looks like an Russia on May Day

    ReplyDelete