March 6, 2012

The Drug Is Football + Tumblr = Side Blog

When I first started The Drug Is Football I intended it to be about more than just The New England Revolution.  I wanted to talk about the style, the films, the music and all manner of things that are part of the bigger culture of what happens outside the stadiums and in the life of the supporter.  There is a subculture around the game, for many it is just the fact that they are a soccer supporter in the US.  Elsewhere the subculture of the soccer supporter revolves around many other things.  It is a way of life.

I've started a TDIF Tumblr, and it will be short on commentary but heavy on visuals, a picture is worth a thousand words after all.  As of right now it may just be a collection of random pictures that may or may not make sense to you. Over time I hope that it will make sense and I hope to use it as inspiration for new posts here along the lines of my original vision.  For those of you that enjoy our music related posts, don't worry they aren't going anywhere.  For those that are interested in exploring the 'subculture' part of 'Fine Purveyors of Soccer and Subculture' visit us here.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see soccer has finally took off in the US, I am a British soccer fan, a massive supporter of the English Club Leeds United who are struggling to find form of late in the 2nd tier of English Football at the moment.

    ReplyDelete